Learn how the coconut tree provides all-around benefits — from its husks and roots to coconut oil.
“A secret travel weapon which I’ve shared in some of the workshops we’ve done is none other than coconut oil. So coconut oil I use for a numerous numerous things so starting off
- hair oil/ gel,
- I use it for food if I’m hungry while I’m travelling I’ll actually eat spoonfuls of it,
- cooking, a lot of times I try to stay in the place where I have the kitchen so I can cook with it,
- bug repellant, I can mix it with some essential oils and then rub it on my body to keep the bugs away,
- and sunscreen so it’s an SPF all right?
- And then we use it as diaper balm for my son so we put it in between you know his legs to make sure he doesn’t get any rashes or chaffing and it works amazing.
As food remember this is a medium chain triglyceride so that means that it gets burned very fast it actually doesn’t get used as or it doesn’t stay as fat in the body, it actually helps with the fat burning process. It’s actually very good for the brain and it’s used for people with alzheimer’s and dementia so just taking a scoop of coconut oil, it’s super powerful for your body and your overall health so don’t get by the fact that it’s fat.
So that’s my secret travel weapon. I take it with me. Here’s a caveat to that. You can’t travel with a large amount because it will get taken away so you have to travel with it in 4oz bottle or less. I travel with a glass container, it’s best to travel and keep the coconut oil in a glass case so I try to bring one or two or three depending on how long the trip is and I keep it in there or I will buy the coconut oil if I know I’m going to a place that will have high quality shops where I can buy the coconut oil and then you use it there. I tend to use a lot of it and if I know I have to use it up before I travel I’ll just use even more of it. All right, so there you go. Coconut oil- travel weapon that you can use. There’s a post on the bottom as well that gives a infographic about other uses of the coconut and coconut oil. All right? I hope you enjoy.”
Ian Hart is a Body-Mind Transformation expert, the creator of EarthFIT Training Systems, co-creator of BACK PAIN RELIEF4LIFE, and founder of BEAUFORTPERSONALTRAINING.COM and MYBACKPAINCOACH.COM. Ian and his team help people get into optimal shape in the safest, fastest and most effective way possible, using cutting edge science.