Beaufort health and fitness: Probiotics
“Hey guys! Ben here, Precision Nutrition Coach. Again I’ll be talking about more supplements with you. The supplement I’ll be speaking about today is going to help you improve your gut function, your digestion and then also it’s going to help boost your immune system. Thus, some questions I’d like to ask you right now are:
- Are you currently feeling things like bloating? gassiness?
- When you eat a meal, does it not seem to sit well? Or immediately after again you get bloated and gassy?
- Are you currently getting acid reflux where you know again, you eat something and it just doesn’t seem to sit right.
- Are your bowel movements irregular?
- Are you getting sick very frequently? It seems like you’re always sick and no matter what you do you can’t get better.
This supplement is definitely for you then.
The supplement I’m specifically talking now is probiotics and here at EarthFIT we have probiotic supplement in particular by the Qivana company that we sell and this is going to help you replenish the probiotic storage within your body. You may ask yourself why do I even need a probiotic? Shouldn’t my body be getting the beneficial bacteria from things like yogurt, and other things like that. Those foods aren’t very beneficial, they don’t give you enough probiotics, and what happens is those yogurts that you’re consuming actually have more harmful ingredients like the sugar and artificial sweeteners that are killing off the probiotics within them. Other things that destroy the probiotics in the body that are going to cause all those symptoms that I spoke about earlier – the gassiness, bloating, poor digestion, sickness – are actually antibiotics.
So when you go to the doctors what do they recommend? They write you prescription and then they hand you an antibiotic and you’ll go pick it up and take it without any thinking about it. The term probiotic means for life, it promotes life. Antibiotics is against life so when the doctor writes you prescription and hands it to you it’s actually giving you something that is against life, it kills life, whereas the probiotic is beneficial for life. So, antibiotics kill off the probiotics in your gut. Other things that kill off the probiotics in your gut are artificial sweeteners. It’s a toxins to the body so again, it’s a toxin, it’s a poison, it kills things in your body. So artificial sweeteners, artificial food colorings, same thing as sweeteners, it’s toxic to the body, it kills off…
Gluten: Gluten is very inflammatory and it destroys the gut itself it destroys the microvilli which are the little particles in your gut that help assimilate and digest food and help absorb. It destroys that and really inflames the intestines so again, you’re killing off more probiotics that way. So, those are several things that you are eating without any thinking about it and then companies like the packaged food companies, they put in other chemicals and toxins that you’re not even currently aware of, they’re killing off the probiotics in the body.
So, what are the benefits of taking a probiotic? The benefits that you’re going to receive is going to be:
- An increase in your gut function, your digestion so you’re going to have better digestion
- Your assimilation of nutrients so you’re now digesting better. What’s going to happen is you will assimilate all the nutrients better. You may have heard of the saying “You are what you eat.” the saying should actually be you are what you digest and assimilate so the nutrients that actually get absorbed within the body are going to be the nutrients that are beneficial.
- Other things that you’re going to benefit from taking probiotics is a boost in your immune function. I can’t even remember the last time I was sick because I currently take a probiotics daily and my sickness just stays at the minimum. I never feel down, I never have to call off work or call off when I was at school because of I was sick. I always felt well. Whereas my friends they’re always sick, they seem to come out with just a cold that everybody at the school was getting… things like that.
- You’re going to have a decrease in the bloating, decrease in the gassiness from taking the probiotics and just you will have an overall better well being from taking the probiotics.
- You will feel much better just throughout the day.
- Your clothes will fit better, you will have a better self image of yourself.
So again, this is Ben, a Precision Nutrition Coach and talking about probiotics.”