“Hey! What’s going on? Since we are in full blown flu and cold season and I have people asking me all the time every day what to do to prevent the flu but also to recover from it and getting congestion and phlegm out of the body. So I’m going to explain to you now some of the best natural ways to help recover you from the flu and also to prevent it during the winter season because let’s face it, that’s the time when most people are coming down with illnesses, colds, flu, etc.. And so I’m going to break down what and why I do certain things and so we have a few things here you might recognize some of them, maybe some of them you have never even have heard before like Cajeput Oil which I’ll explain Cajeput… you might have seen my son speak about that in the video. I’m going to explain to you why I do it, what I do so we’re gonna start first off about getting sick.
Now we have what’s called free radicals in the body. Free radicals are created when we workout, we have stress etc. and some of it is normal and totally fine and needed but when we have excessive free radicals in the body then that’s when we can start to have effects on the immune system and pick up colds, flus, viruses, etc. and so we use a food typically we want to use food all the time to help boost our immune system with vitamins and minerals. But sometimes we need supplements to help assist us along the way and as you see some of these are not supplements, they are actually food. Alright, so we have some food here but these supplements that I have here right now are extremely powerful at assisting our body. So let’s speak about Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C – is an antioxidant so when we have free radicals we want to neutralize them with antioxidants and we’ll take in let’s say vitamin C and that goes into the cell and it helps with memory, immune function, it even helps you just feeling better overall. So this vitamin C right here is Meta-C. The type of vitamin C is extremely important. We want to stay away from the genetically modified corn based vitamin C’s and you want to get a good form of vitamin C like this has biologically active metabolites and so this gets metabolites a little bit differently and it comes from spirulina as well so spirulina also helps with the detoxification. So right here this is 500mg of meta calcium ascorbate. There’s many different types of vitamin C which leads me to my next one which is this is by mercola that I bought. This is liposomal vitamin C.
- Liposomal Vitamin C – Many times vitamin C doesn’t get absorbed like it should and gets caught up in the gut and ends up staying there in the gut. Liposomal vitamin C gets absorbed a lot easier through the gut and into the cells and this is where you want the vitamin C to go. So this is very powerful, this is fairly new as it comes to a supplement industry so you might see liposomal vitamin C or a liposomal glutathione products out there and they help with the absorption rate.
- Acetylcysteine – is another thing that I use. It helps glutathione production which is one of the biggest antioxidants or the number 1 as some people say antioxidant needed and this also helps process mucus out of the body.
So these 2 together (Liposomal Vitamin C and Acetylcysteine) are very powerful so just using those will help boost the immune system, help neutralize the free radicals that you might have in your body especially if you’re sick or you feel like you’re coming down with something, these are very important. Now I did something that I’m not supposed to do the other day which I tell all of my clients not to do. I woke up I felt like I was like fighting something at the night, I woke up and I had like a little tickling my throat with a phlegm and I went and trained with my staff, I worked out. Working out while you’re under the weather is a no no because you already have the free radicals there, your body is fighting, your immune system is working to help combat the issue that is there and then if you’re going to workout that lowers your immune system and then exposes you to you know getting worst infection or whatever it might be. And so I ended up working out. I cut the workout short because I was like guys this is probably not good for me, I was feeling something but I wasn’t sure if I was really sick or not. It turns out yeah I should’ve definitely not workout and I ended up getting like a full blown flu and I haven’t gotten that a long time. But, I know how to get rid of it very quickly so in one night I was able to get rid off I had a swollen throat, burning in my throat, joint aches and pains, fatigue when you walk… so I started of with a vitamin C and then to get rid of the congestion and the throat issue this was helping with the congestion on the throat as well but this is one of the best oils around for numerous functions and it’s oil of oregano.
- Oil of Oregano – This one Joy of the Mountains is one of my favorite. It is diluted with olive oil and this stuff is powerful so I’ll take depending on where you are, how much you have used before, you can take 4 or 5, 10 drops put it on to the bottom of your tongue, drink it with some water there you go or you mix it with olive oil and rub it on the bottom of your feet. This is already mixed, this is already diluted. We have some here that’s not diluted so you have to be very careful and really know what you’re doing with this. This stuff right here like I said is diluted, you can take drops put them right in your mouth, you’ll instantly start to feel better, the burning in the throat will disappear. This is antiseptic, anaesthetic, it helps numb the area. So it’s antibacterial, it helps with sinuses like this is proven through studies to be helpful for pneumonia, bronchitis etc., sinus infections and respiratory infections, one of the most powerful tools that you can use so we’re talking about helping yourself naturally so this is a natural product that will help.
- Oreganol Juice – I use both of these in combination because there are a little bit different properties in both of them so when I take a few drops of these (Oil of Oregano), I take a teaspoon of this… Bam! It knocks out most of the issues right away. Then on top of that now I’ve taken these 2 things (Liposomal Vitamin C and Acetylcysteine) It helps process out the mucus and then I help that along even further with oil pulling.
- Coconut Oil – usually I use coconut oil but you can use sesame oil, it has been the one that studied the most. Coconut oil that I found works fine so when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed at night usually I wake until after I’ve eaten at least the half hour. I take coconut oil I put it in my mouth and I swish it around for 15 minutes and just like pull it through your teeth and push it out… and that draws out the bacteria, the mucus from your respiratory system as well as your mouth. And then you may have heard about oil pulling.
- Bentonite Clay – Most people have not heard about this mainly because just from knowing how the body works I tested this out and this has been one of the best things for me when it comes to mucus.It’s a little bit disgusting but I’ll do the oil pulling and then I take bentonite clay and I put it in like about a tablespoon or teaspoon in this much water, stir around I let it sit for a little while because what happens is, what it does is it opens up the pores to absorb the toxins. So I pour this in the water, I put the water in my mouth, I swish the bentonite clay around and then it absorbs more of the toxins and it pulls out, it draws out all of the mucus literally like right then and there, like there’s no waiting it’s just like I swish it around for 5 minutes, I gargle with it if you have a sore throat, the sore throat will dissipate instantly, it will pull out the toxins from your sore throat and then you spit the water out.
Very important thing you want to make sure that you spit this out in the toilet or outside because when you’re oil pulling it really pulls out some terrible toxins that you do not want to spit into your sink so that’s one caveat then one thing I didn’t bring here which is very powerful as well and this are other things that I used to assist in the process is I’ll take a shot of apple cider vinegar and directly after that I take like a half of teaspoon of Manuka honey.
- Manuka Honey – Not all things are created equal. At most stores you’ll see manuka honey with an MGO+ of about 15. For this to be beneficial to you medicinally has to have MGO of above 16. So I would say if you go to Whole Foods, I would say pretty much not all of those are really not beneficial to most that I’ve seent that Whole Foods is like +20. This is one is +820. Now this stuff is powerful medicinal. What that means is how powerful it is as an antiseptic. And so it has a higher enzymes, more beneficial properties to it. The higher it is on MGO, the more expensive it is going to be. This honey right here is about $45-50 so you can use it sparingly, it’s not something you want to put in your tea but I have done that as well because as soon as this is heated up it kills all the good enzymes so that’s why you don’t want to put that in your tea.
Now the other thing , so I would do all these things and on top of that I drink this tea that I am about to go over with you anyways but, this is a tea that is extremely powerful. I share it with everybody even the other day someone said “Hey, my girlfriend was drinking your ginger turmeric lemon honey tea and she was losing a pound a day just by drinking your tea” and I was like “Whoa! that’s the first time I’ve heard of that…” and she hasn’t changed anything else but drank the tea so this helps open up your detox pathway. So the tea is giner; this is ginger root. I shave this off, I grated up. Usually when I make it I make big bushes of it so I use a massive amounts of ginger root. The more, the better. Then smaller amount of turmeric probably about 1/3 amount of ginger that you use, same thing shave this down, grate it, put it into a pot, steep it for at least 20 minutes the longer the better. Once the tea is steeped, you strain it, put a lemon. I literally put sometimes a whole lemon in so 8 oz, I put a whole lemon, I’ll squeeze it all in there or a half of lemon right depending on how many lemons we have, who’s using it, and then I’ll stir in raw honey. And then drink that throughout the day.
- Ginger Turmeric Lemon Honey Tea – And that’s going to open up the pores, open up your circulation. Ginger is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, this is a blood thinner so it helps with circulation. Turmeric helps everything brain functions, I mean like (the list goes on and on), inflammation, this helps with inflammation. This ginger also has what’s called a cox 2 inhibitor, it’s a pain reliever, they put that in ibuprofen so they’re using properties from this in some of the over-the-counter medications.
So it probably seems like a lot. I guess now that I put them together it is but I don’t think about it when I’m doing it. It’s just like couple of these, shots of apple cider vinegar, a little table spoon of that, this tastes really good so that’s awesome. The tea that I make tastes great. I drink it even not when I’m sick because I use it as recovery for even training because it’s anti inflammatory it’s awesome it helps with recovery from a hard intense workout. This (Oil of Oregano, Oreganol Juice) typically I only use in the times that I need it and we use these I mean if my son has a fever we put it a drop, I put it on his foot. It’s gone instantly. And then these (Oil pulling) I only use when I’m feeling sick or run down as well. You can do oil pulling every night it’s not a big deal, that’s actually very healthy for your mouth and your teeth. This (Bentonite clay) I’m not too sure about the long term use of Bentonite clay but I’d think… I’m not sure I can’t really give opinion on that ‘cause I haven’t studied it. The last thing I want to talk about is the Cajeput oil.
- Cajeput Oil – This is the antiseptic, anti inflammatory but it also helps process mucus out of the body as well and this stuff works really great. This is like powerful stuff, from plant therapy, it’s organic cajeput oil. Again, you can take it dilute it with coconut oil and put it on the bottom of your feet. The reason why I’ve been saying put on the bottom of your feet because you have about 200 nerves at the bottom of your feet so that nutrients gets transported throughout the body a lot easier, much better but you could also put it where you need it. I’ve taken it and I put it on my chest when I’ve had congestion and it helps process the mucus out.
So, I hope you find this helpful. If you have any comments or questions about any of these stuff, let me know. These right here if you have any cold, flu symptoms, any type of sickness for the most part like it’s not obviously disease that you are ailing from. This will get rid of it and you will feel better like 50, 70, 80% faster than if you did nothing or even if you got over the counter medication because if you got medication for your colds, flu, sickness whatever you have to recover from the flu and at the same time recover from the toxins that you put into your body from the over the counter medication which is most of the time the case that you’re getting over the counter medication. I hope again you find this helpful. This is really powerful stuff. Remember, food is your medicine and we’re taking properties from food naturally and using these to help the body assist to along the way, to recover and feel better. Alright, have a good day!”