Near, Far, Mid Infrared Sauna
Hey EF Fam,
Last week I announced that we will be getting the top of the line sauna at EarthFT LI which will have far infrared, mid infrared and near infrared as well as medical grade chromotherapy and no electromagnetic frequencies. I will explain what the latter is in another post. The response has been amazing and people are more excited about it than I thought they would have been. Truth be told, after doing a ton of research I was happy to purchase the sauna even if no one was interested but me. It turns out a TON of people are VERY interested and you will find out why below.
I have also received a ton of questions about it and I will fill you in more as time goes on. In the mean time I figured I would share some info from my friend Bret who I would consider an expert on Saunas and the detox protocol that goes along with it that we will be implementing for those that want it. This should answer some questions I have received. See below.
Committed to your success,
Types of Infrared
BRET BOUER·FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2016
Here is some information on why Far Infrared Saunas are the most effective way to mobilize toxins. Also listed below are benefits of near and mid infrared.
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., of Seattle: In one study performed by American researchers, the sweat of people using a conventional sauna was found to be 95 to 97% water while the sweat of those using an infrared thermal system was 80 to 85% water with the non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat-soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals (such as mercury and aluminum), sulfuric acid, sodium, ammonia and uric acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and other fat-soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise. Mercury is the most toxic element on earth, second only to plutonium. Hyperthermic detoxification using these saunas is not only uniquely helpful in removing fat-stored toxins from the body, but also as an adjunct to mercury removal.
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., of Seattle, who has been called ‘the holistic doctors’ doctor and teacher, is one of the pioneers in combining the use of far-infrared saunas with the chelating agent DMPS in a heavy metal detox protocol. Dr. Klinghardt explains, “Since hyperthermic sauna therapy removes metal contaminants from the body, we have found that it may be used to further the benefits derived from chelation therapy. And we have also found that it may be an alternative for those who are unable to undergo chelation. Research conducted by U.S. scientists has demonstrated that close to 80% of individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome will improve markedly by a guided detoxification program. We combine this approach with hyperthermic therapy using the far-infrared sauna, as well as exercise and chelation. The results we are seeing are very promising.”
There are also some benefits to near and mid infrared that I will list below. Far Infrared should be the foundation of any sauna. A full spectrum sauna would be ideal because it would have near, mi.d and far infrared. I have only found one brand that is truly full spectrum. I have found that many brands lie about that as well Message me Bret Bouer for more info.
Here is a very basic overview:
- lowered blood pressure[ii]
- improved circulation[iv]
- weight loss[v]
- pain relief[vi]
- cell health/immunity[vii]
- wound healing[viii]
- oxygenation of tissues[x]
- Dr Nicholas Perricone has youtube videos explaining the benefits of near infrared. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=ZRWWi-Mps_8https://www. youtube.com/watch?v= t5loc9NXRpk
- BOOSTS METABOLISM– The mitochondria (power plants of the cells) produce more ATP (energy currency of the cells) when NIR (near infrared rays) is introduced. (1,2)
- REDUCES BODY FAT– A group of 20 women riding stationary bicycles 3 times per week for 4 weeks exposed to NIR lost an average of 8 cm’s or 444% more as compared to 20 women doing the same exercise without NIR. (3)
- INCREASED ENERGY– NIR activates the color sensitive chemicals (chromophores & cytochrome systems) to depths of 23 centimeters (or about 10 inches), stimulating the energy processes in cells. (1)
- IMPROVED CIRCULATION TO THE MUSCLES – NIR causes the release of nitric oxide. This stimulates vasodilatation of the microcirculatory system, bringing more blood to the muscles. (4)
- BETTER ENDURANCE – Muscle fatigue was reduced by up to 42.2% when exposing muscle to NIR. (5,6)
- INCREASED STRENGTH– Growth hormone release is induced by an increase in body temperature and not by exercise itself. Growth hormone increases muscle mass, calcium retention, and lipolysis (the breakdown of stored fat). (14)
- FASTER RECOVERY TIME– Certain tissue regenerating genes including integrins, laminin, gap junction proteins and kinesin proteins have shown a two- to five-fold increase upon exposure to NIR. (7,8)
- WORKOUT IN LESS TIME– Due to increased production of ATP and quick dilation of the microcirculatory system, a person can lessen warm-up time and work at a higher level of exertion without increasing blood pressure. (1,9,10)
- DETOXIFY THE BODY– Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Sweat is the only way to remove certain carcinogenic PCBs, dioxins, phthalates, and volatile organic hydrocarbons. (11)
- REDUCED VISIBLE CELLULITE– Cellulite is fat mixed with toxins that are trapped, in part due to an underactive circulatory system. Cellulite is so visible, in part due to weakened connective tissue. NIR helps rebuild connective tissue and has been shown to reduce cellulite. (12)
- REJUVENATES SKIN– DNA Synthesis of fibroblasts, which affects the elasticity of skin, increase five-fold with NIR. The result is younger-looking, more beautiful skin. (1,7)
- LESSENS JOINT AND MUSCLE PAIN & INCREASES FLEXIBILITY – Penetrating heat from NIR has long been proven to reduce pain and increase circulation to areas of discomfort. NIR has also been shown to significantly increase the range of flexibility. (13)
References 1. Whelan H.T., Buchmann, E.V., et al, NASA Light-Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea 2. Wong-Riley M.T., Bai, X., et al, Light-Emitting Diode Treatment Reversed the Effect of TTX on Cytochrome Oxidase in Neurons 3. Mockel F., Hoffmann G., et al Einfulss von Wassergefiltertem Infrator A auf die Reduktion von Lokalem Fett und Korpergewicht unter Korperlicher Belastung 4. Gilligan D.M., Panza J.M., et al, Contribution of Endothelium-derived Nitric Oxide to Exercise-Induced Vasodilation 5. Lopes-Martins R.A., Marcos R.L., et al, Effect of Low Level Laser on Skeletal Muscle Fatigue Induced by Electrical Stimulation in Rats 6. Abou-Hala A.Z, Barbosa D.G., et al, Effects of the Infrared Lamp Illumination during the Process of Muscle Fatigue in Rats 7. Wong-Riley M.T., Whelan H.T., Effect of 670-nm Light Emitting Diode Light on Neuronal Cultures 8. Buchmann E.V., Dhokalia A., et al, Effect of NASA Light-Emitting Diode Irradiation of Molecular Changes for Wound Healing in Diabetic Mice 9. Savard, G.K., Nielsen B., et al, Muscle Blood Flow is not reduced in Humans during Moderate Exercise and Heat Stress 10. Hannuksela M.L., Ellahham S., Benefits and Risks of Sauna Bathing 11. Rogers S., Reversing the Neuro-degeneration from Ubiquitous Environmental Endocrine Disruptors 12. Alster T.S., Tanzi E.L., Cosmetic Laser Therapy 13. Demura S., Noguchi T., and Matsuzawa J., Effect of Linear Polarized Near-infrared Irradiation on Flexibility of Shoulder and Ankle Joints 14. Christensen S.E., Jørgensen O.L., et al, Characterization of Growth Hormone Release in Response to External Heating
Ian Hart is a Body-Mind Transformation expert, the creator of EarthFIT Training Systems, co-creator of BACK PAIN RELIEF4LIFE, and founder of BEAUFORTPERSONALTRAINING.COM and MYBACKPAINCOACH.COM. Ian and his team help people get into optimal shape in the safest, fastest and most effective way possible, using cutting edge science.